PDA

View Full Version : "I am proud and happy to be a Catholic."

Thánh Thư
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
My first sentence to share is: I am proud and happy to be a Catholic.

I realise that this meaningful sentence (from Father Joseph) is very intersting to be discussed. I can also see some members in our forum family share with each other about this topic., so I would like to invite you to discuss and share your thinking about this. Please write in this topic. Thanks a lot.

Trên đây là một câu Cha Joseph chia sẻ cùng cả nhà chúng ta.
Thanhthu nhận thấy đây là một câu đầy ý nghĩa và rất thích hợp cho một đề tài thảo luận. Một vài thành viên đã chia sẻ cùng cả nhà tại topic "Welcome to minibox Discussion!". Vì thế xin mời ACE cùng chia sẻ tại topic này nhé. Xin chân thành cảm ơn.

*** If you have any questions about this topic, for example, how to say thank you, how to give questions, etc., you can ask in Vietnamese.
(Nếu ACE có bất cứ câu hỏi nào cho topic này, ví dụ như: làm sao nói lời cám ơn, làm sao để đặt câu hỏi..., ACE có thể hỏi bằng tiếng Việt).

Here is TheresaTrang's share:

I am proud and happy to be catholic ? Yes Father

Thanks so much you too ! I am very happy and hope helpful to everyone

Here is LamPhuong's share:

Like yourself , I am very proudly Catholic.

Here is my sentence to share .

I believe in him , he will always believe in me . Jesus is the King , he is my Lord and Savior.

Thank you to the wonderful Priests , Brothers , Nuns and , most important are my Grandparents , Parents who assisted and guided me in my journey through life.

May God Bless and keep you always .

Bông Hoa Nhỏ
03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks so much My Teacher Thanh Thư !
I always go to catholic and pray . I think It is important for my life.

Thánh Thư
05-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Dear Father Joseph,
Your significant sentence is the one my mom used to say and teach me, so when I meet this sentence, I seem to be touched. This sentence reminds me to live to be worthy of our Lord's Love so as to become "a burnt candle" and "leaven" in the stream of time and our life.
Thanks a lot, Father. May God bless you.

Pere Joseph
05-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Dear Father Joseph,
Your significant sentence is the one my mom used to say and teach me, so when I meet this sentence, I seem to be touched. This sentence reminds me to live to be worthy of our Lord's Love so as to become "a burnt candle" and "leaven" in the stream of time and our life.
Thanks a lot, Father. May God bless you.

Dear Thư, thanks for your sharing. It's a reminder for me also.
Upon hearing your phrase "a burnt candle", here is a song for you that goes with the theme. God bless you and have fun everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqR6kTu8lE&feature=related

Doan Quan
21-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you happy and proud to be a Catholic?

There are 2 phrases in the question above. I can not reply right away. Yes, I took sometimes last week to think and paused for moments to meditate on that.

Here is an experience I got last week.
At my school, the children are different in religion. Some of them are Buddhists, some are Muslims, some are Hindus, and maybe someone else I don't know. I guessed for they don't eat pork or beef. And I didn't care about that any at all. I keep my habit of making the sign of the Cross and saying prayer before meals. Some children looked at me with strange eyes.
- What are you doing?
- I'm saying my prayer before my lunch.
-Why do you need to do that?
- Well, how can I explain for you to understand? I just say Thank you to those who give me this lunch. Cause if no them, we have no lunch. You see. Our lunch is so tasty and yummy. I want to say Thank you. That's so.
- Can I do that?
- Of course.

Then, they paused a moment and said : "Thank you for giving me this food. Enjoy your lunch as much as us enjoy our lunch."

We smiled.
In the afternoon, a teacher came to me : "You know, I'm a Catholic also."

Telling this experience, I want to say that I'm happy to be a Catholic. I can not do the great things but sometimes, I feel relieved to learn that my family or my friends are out of danger through my prayers and reverse. Sometimes, I fall to be hopeless, but never I feel hopeless totally. There is someone invisible always by my side. Sometimes, how impotence I feel before the pain of the world. But, after watching the song above, I see that : Why not I light up my candle? Pray for the world to light up their candles. Hold them tight and light up the sky.

Now, I can not feel proud to be a Catholic, for there are still too many people suffering around me. Oh God, let me feel this pride when I'm in rest in your arms after a life of constantly giving.

Thank you for your sharing and listening to my sharing.
-----------------------------------------------------
I try to write in English but I think there are still many mistakes in my writing. Please feel free to correct them. It's very helpful to me

Padre Paolo
22-08-2011, 12:28 AM
I am happy to know that you all commented that you all are proud to be a Catholic. I am sure that all members of GTCG are proud to be a Catholic. I am proud to be a Catholic and a priest. My friends, proud to be a Catholic is one thing and having the courage to live a Catholic life is another issue.
I personally thank Doan Quan for sharing your experience of living a Catholic life...Let us pray that God will give us the courage to live a Catholic life first and then we can really say, "I am proud to be a Catholic."

Doan Quan
22-08-2011, 01:17 AM
When I went to the church yesterday, during the Mass, I wonder if Juses has a question to me like that or not.

Is He happy and proud of me to be a Catholic???
Sometimes, I just keep being busy with myself. Is there any free time left for me to make Him pleased.
I wonder so much. And then, I think I must change myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_rTX23V7Q

I don't want to hear at the day of Judgement, He says that He doesn't know me.

Pere Joseph
24-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Here is another version of this song with 'hand mine' (múa minh họa bằng tay). Enjoy everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyPm7n_pXW8