PDA

View Full Version : Let's join STAR 1b!

Thánh Thư
15-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Welcome to STAR1b! This week’s questions are a little more difficult. Good luck!

1. Rearrange these letters to create a word: NATROENOF
(3 points)

2. PUZZULE: What is the difference between electricity and lighting?
(4 points)

3. Write a right sentence, which contains these words: wish, sister, help, homework, but.
(3 points)

4. Which sentence is true?
A. He lives in a flat.
B. He live in a flat.
C. He lives in a flats.
D. He lives in flat.
(1 points)

Now, let’s try these questions! Don’t forget to look at the Rule of STAR GAMES and remember STAR 1’s standard point is 60. :vuiqua:
Good luck once again and Happy time!!!
:migio:migio:migio

Candle
15-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Tình hình là lần này câu hỏi khó hơn rồi... Trên tinh thần học hỏi, em xin thử sức tí. :docsach

1. AFTERNOON
2. (Câu này em chưa hiểu lắm! Hihi...) :d

3. I wish I can help my sister do her homework, but I can't.

4. A

Mong các anh chị giúp đỡ thêm.

Thánh Thư
18-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh, sorry for all! I have found a mistake in question 2: the word "lightening" is wrong, the true word is "lighting". I have corrected it. Therefore, the exact question is: What is the difference between electricity and lighting?

Maria VanNguyen
18-08-2011, 10:43 AM
:haha Đã vượt qua được chặng đầu tiên nên lần này tiếp tục thử sức.
1. Câu này chắc chắn là AFTERNOON rồi :vonguc:
2. :docsach Uhm có thể trả lời thế này: electricity is artificial (created by people) but lightning is a natural phenomenon.

3. Theo mình, câu hoàn chỉnh sẽ thế này: I wish I could help my sister with her homework, but I can't.

4. Câu A:lac

giotrendong
18-08-2011, 04:16 PM
1. AFTERNOON

2. lightning is free but for electricity you must pay

3. I wish to help my sister do her homework but I couldn't

4.A

:d:d:d:d:d
:d:d:d:d
:d:d:d
:d:d
:d

Thánh Thư
22-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Dear all members!!! Thanks a lot for your care and your attention. Here are the answers of STAR 1b:

1. AFTERNOON

2. Lighting is one purpose of electricity.
(Electricity: a form of energy from charged elementary particles, usually supplied as electric current through cables, wires, etc. for lighting, heating, driving machines, etc.)

3. I wish I could help my sister with her homework, but I can't.
or: I wish to help my sister with her homework, but I couldn't do it.
or: I wish to help my sister with her homework, but I failed to do so.

4. A

1. AFTERNOON
2. (Câu này em chưa hiểu lắm! Hihi...) :d

3. I wish I can help my sister do her homework, but I can't.

4. A

Candle, you have 2 correct answers (number 1 and 4), so you get 4 points. Your answer for question 3 is a mistake of grammar about WISH.

1. Câu này chắc chắn là AFTERNOON rồi :vonguc:
2. :docsach Uhm có thể trả lời thế này: electricity is artificial (created by people) but lightning is a natural phenomenon.

3. Theo mình, câu hoàn chỉnh sẽ thế này: I wish I could help my sister with her homework, but I can't.

4. Câu A:lac

VanNguyen, you have 3 correct answers (number 1,3 and 4), so you get 7 points.
Your answer for question 2 is incorrect. You should reread carefully the question to see that there is no word "lightning". It is "lighting". Moreover, lighting is the arrangement or type of light in a place:electric / natural lighting, good / poor lighting.

1. AFTERNOON

2. lightning is free but for electricity you must pay

3. I wish to help my sister do her homework but I couldn't

4.A

[/CENTER]

Dear giotrendong, you have 2 correct answers (number 1 and 4), so you get 4 points.
Here are some notes for you:
- Question 2: You should look at the question carefully. Why question has the word "lighting", not "lightning".
- Question 3: Wish + to Verb means "to want to do something". You can't use "couldn't" there, because it relates back to "wish", not the action after "wish".

Your total points after STAR 1b are:
Candle: 18 points.
Maria VanNguyen: 21 points.
giotrendong: 18 points.

Thanks again for joining with us.:migio
If you have any questions about STAR 1b, please post in this topic.