Tên thật:
    Joseph Việt, O.Carm
    Đến từ: Fr.
    Cảm ơn
    Được cảm ơn 4,963 lần
    trong 583 bài viết

I love you!

I LOVE YOU!

I once visited Paris, the large, bustling capital of France, on holiday. It was exciting to be in this famous city, and I spent each day walking around nonstop and taking in the incredible beauty that surrounded me. By the end of the day, I was so tired that when I returned to my hotel room, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.

So imagine my surprise when one night at around midnight, I heard screaming from outside. I opened my window and saw a man on the other side of the street with a huge bouquet in his hands shouting at the top of his lungs toward the balcony just above him. “I love you! I love you with all my heart, and I want the whole world to hear this!” he shouted over and over. Windows opened up all around me, and people popped out their weary but surprised heads, looking toward the balcony in anticipation of the response from the woman within.

God himself is like the man in the story. At times unexpected throughout our human history, God broke in and unsettled us, but with the same message, “I love you.” And at a certain time in our history, he entered our world in a way and at a time that no one expected through his Incarnation, but with the very same message, “I love you.” The Jewish people certainly expected a messiah, but who knew it would be God himself made flesh? Matthew reminds us in our Gospel that God will do the same in our own lives. He will one day break into our routines, our lives, to say “I love you” and to call us home. Will we be ready to receive his love?

Advent is time where we are reminded once again of these truths, that God came and will come again at the end of time to interrupt the mundanity of human existence, and invites us to be ready to receive it wholeheartedly.

But we also know from our faith that we have the opportunity to encounter God every day in the faces of our sisters and brothers, the other members of the Body of Christ. How often are we engaged in our activities when we are suddenly interrupted by a request for help, a need for a shoulder to cry on, or simply the desire to spend some time together? Sometimes when this happens, we feel like it is a great inconvenience and we find ourselves getting upset, especially with the person who has come to us. But how often do we realize that perhaps it is Christ himself breaking into our lives simply to say, “I love you”?

Fr. Emiel Abalahin, O.Carm. [source: https://www.ocarm.org/]

Các chủ đề tương tự trong chuyên mục này:

2. 2 thành viên đã cảm ơn Pere Joseph vì bài viết này:

giusetuong (26-12-2013),Thánh Thư (19-08-2011)

Trạng thái :   terexanguyen đã thoát
    Tham gia : Nov 2010
    Bài gửi : 18
    Tên thật:
    Nguyễn Thị Khánh Hà
    Đến từ: Vinh Đức
    Sở thích: xem phim.du lịch
    Nghề nghiệp: none
    Cảm ơn
    Được cảm ơn 27 lần
    trong 9 bài viết
    ''But how often do we realize that perhaps it is Christ himself breaking into our lives simply to say, “I love you”? ''
    Hi vọng mỗi ngày con sống có thể nhận ra rằng Chúa luôn ở bên con và luôn yêu thương con!Cám ơn Người đã gửi đến trong cuộc đời con cha mẹ ,anh em và bạn bè.Qua họ con biết rằng Chúa đã cho con những gì quý giá nhâts!Cám ơn Người!

4. Thành viên đã cảm ơn terexanguyen vì bài viết này:

Thánh Thư (19-08-2011)

+ Trả Lời Ðề Tài

Chủ đề tương tự

1. Thơ vui: LOVE YOU 4EVER
    By allihavetogive in forum Vui Cười - Xả Stress
    Trả lời: 3
    Bài mới gửi: 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
  2. I Love Giới Trẻ Công Giáo
    By Bông Hoa Nhỏ in forum Giai Điệu Trái Tim
    Trả lời: 3
    Bài mới gửi: 20-03-2012, 09:04 PM
  3. I was made to love
    By Tin Yeu in forum Ngoại ngữ
    Trả lời: 0
    Bài mới gửi: 06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
  4. How Deep The Father’s Love For Us ...
    By Người Mua Diêm in forum Ngoại ngữ
    Trả lời: 0
    Bài mới gửi: 21-09-2011, 09:46 PM
  5. I love you
    By Pere Joseph in forum Ngoại ngữ
    Trả lời: 1
    Bài mới gửi: 24-11-2010, 08:24 PM

Quyền viết bài

• Bạn không thể gửi chủ đề mới
  • Bạn không thể gửi trả lời
  • Bạn không thể gửi file đính kèm
  • Bạn không thể sửa bài viết của mình